After spending 20 years in academia and industry conducting research in a variety of fields, we founded Laboratory of Congenial Intelligence with the goal of making robots and other artificial systems more compatible with humans in both physical and intellectual senses. As an independent research lab, we have the flexibility to work with a diverse set of companies, universities and individuals around the world.
We have a good mix of expertise that spans both hardware and software for robotics, as well as a deep understanding of human body and mind.
- Human-robot interaction
- Simulation and control
- Machine learning
- Musculoskeletal modeling and control
- Physiological sensing
- Seminars, lectures
- STEM curriculum planning
- Downbeat: remote rehearsal system
- Conductor for hire
- Music- and STEM-themed tour arrangement
Award travel booking
Skills and experience
In addition to standard software tools for robotics and machine learning, we have experience in handling a variety of proprietary and commercial hardware systems.
- Software tools: Git, Doxygen, CMake, ROS, Gazebo, Maya/MotionBuilder API
- Humanoids: DB (Sarcos Robotics), Audio-Animatronics (Disney), E2-DR (Honda), Asimo (Honda)
- Robot arm: Franka Emika
- Mobile: P.A.T.H. Bot (Honda), Ridgeback (Clearpath Robotics)
- Motion capture: Vicon, MotionAnalysis, OptiTrack
- Virtual reality: Vive
- Dynamics simulation
- Numerical optimization
- Motion planning
- Reinforcement learning
- Human motion analysis
- Founder: Katsu Yamane, Ph.D.